Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Paint

I want to paint. Desperately. Where, you ask? The entryway. Some of you may not know this (though any of you who have seen the color of my entryway are probably somewhat aware) but I have some trouble seeing color. I'm not color blind, just color deficient. The lovely LIME green is starting to wear on me a bit. I can't stand it. It's getting more limey by the day. I want to paint it. In fact, I am attributing this green to my bad moods lately. Plus, I don't like to stagnate. Decor cannot remain year after year after year. Change is the key to living in the moment.

So, what color should I paint it? (That is, if I can talk John into letting me (us) paint it...it has been almost 4 years after all!) It's a large, long space and, obviously, the first thing you see when you walk in the door. Perhaps a less GREEN green. I didn't intend for it to be SO green. Or maybe a nice grey-blue? Or go neutral and paint cream? The problem with grey-blue is that is the color I planned to paint the office (which is currently the living room). I plan on decorating with newspapers and John's black and whites with HUGE built-in bookcases... However, I digress. What color for the entry way???

Hmmm...probably have to wait until Sadie's room is finished though. That would be the best idea....

I am also overwhelmed with the yellow in my room, but that I can deal with until we move upstairs and can remodel that room. The walls will have to come down to put in new windows and the outside door anyway so I'll paint then. Perhaps something dramatic as it will be our living room.

Plans, plans, plans, but I have GOT to get rid of that green.

No comments:

Post a Comment