Monday, June 22, 2009

Writer's Workshop Writing Prompt: Grab your current read.

Wendesday's Writing Prompt from Mama Kat's Losin' It! (http://mamakatslosinit.blogspot.com/)

Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page and share two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

Yes, I chose this one because the other choices were heavy and I don't have the energy to cry right now. I am cheating slightly because as it turns out there are more than two sentences that grab me on this page. How oddly appropriate that I randomly fell upon it, however.

"I would not have done anything differently. All of the moments in my life, everyone I have met, every trip I have taken, every success I have enjoyed, every blunder I have made, every loss I have endured has been just right. I'm not saying they were all good or that they happened for a reason--I don't buy into that brand of pap fatalism--but they have been right. They have been....okay. As far as revelations go, it's pretty lame, I know. Okay is not bliss, or even happiness. Okay is not the basis for a new religion or self-help movement. Okay won't get me on Oprah. But okay is a start, and for that I am grateful." --The Geography of Bliss: One Grump's Search for the Happiest Places in the World. by Eric Weiner

So, it's more than two sentences, but it's an awesome paragraph and I thought I'd share.


No comments:

Post a Comment